Tuesday, June 16, 2009

Designs of Sorts

I have been into graphic design for 2 years now and I am getting quite good (if I do say so myself). I started because nobody in the lab (out of Koch, Larry, and I) had any experience and I had wanted to get into web design type stuff. Then Koch and I determined that any future successful lab needs a brand. What was once the Koch Lab became KochLab (very different, I know) and I commenced work on an official logo.

I knew I wanted the theme to be cooking. Why? Mostly because nobody could say Koch's (pronounced cook) last name properly. Also because cooking is awesome. I then started work on the frying pan logo that has swept various presentations and OWW by storm. Next I got to work on a thumbnail version of the logo, which evolved into a chef hat. To add some final punch we incorporated merchandise this past Christmas.

Now we are beginning a new project and I thought I would make a new logo for this project. Previously Andy and I collaborated on a fun logo that got named Kiney. That was fun to make, but I wanted a vector graphics image and this is what I came up with:

If you want to see all the KochLab logos and their progression check this out.

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
Creative Commons License
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-Share Alike 3.0 Unported License.